2012/09/09

dining, whining & loafers

SO. I have had my black dining table for about 5 years now. I have been complaining/whining forever how the scratches, deep marks and moving wounds ( if you've moved, some of your furniture is bound to have these inexplicable marks) were making the table look hidious.

I tried to make it look cuter by making a table runner, buying mixed matched chairs ( yippe for $3 vintage vinyl!) and decorating with a plethora of my favorite salt and pepper shakers. But to no avail, nothing could make my small dining nook look inviting. UNTIL I BOUGHT A CAN OF WHITE PAINT. So simple. I've painted every other refurbished piece in my place so why didn't I do this earlier??!!

Anyway after 2 days and 4 coats later I am MUCH more pleased with this discounted set.  The only thing I need to do is buy/sew new seat covers. People warned me when I bought the crisp white set from Ikea. ( there are only so many times you can flip them)



AND I think my vintage vinyl chairs fit much better with the new look.


On that lovely note, and flipping things around..here is a little outfit post. It may be fall but it doesn't mean skirts are gone. Or collars. Or sheer cream floral things either.

Everything was a little ebay find...including my brand new Bass Loafers. My fall shoe. My fall love.





2 comments:

  1. Darcy, your table looks great! Love the white. You have such a cute little dining nook!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Leanne!! Thank you so much!!I feel like white makes everything more wonderful!

      Delete