2012/10/09

Thanksgiving Weekend

This thanksgiving weekend was AMAZING! It was full of tasty yums, friends & family, pumpkin patches and even a little art!

On Saturday, I was asked by Tim Chan ( editor/founder of the lovely fashion magazine Cordoroy) to be a part of the newly formed MAVRIK MRK,  hosted by Mavirk Wine Bar on Queen West. I was one of four vendors who enjoyed this gorgeous, crisp autumn day! The Antique Appetite and Knead Bakery were among the vendors and both had delicious yummies for sale. I purchased and tasted an array of goodies from both and I can honestly say I filled up on desserts the entire day... no regrets on this one!



Saturday evening I headed to Niagara-on-the-Lake to celebrate turkey goodness with Taylor's family. They graciously invited Hilary ( my sister!) along. We spent the entire weekend eating and  catching up. We spent all day Monday at Howell's pumpkin patch...which was AMAZING! We went through a corn maze, watched little pigs race, went through a spooky barn, ate pumpkin sausages and homemade kettle corn and I purchased some lovely little pumpkins for the home.




FUNNY STORY INTERLUDE: As you can see from the photos, I wore a darling little red beret, a gift from Taylor's Mom and Dad---a lovely souvenir from their travels to Paris. ( They also brought me back a black one too!)

During the the pig races, they kept calling up all the little children, assigning them to one of the pigs whom all had appropriate piggy names ( Britney Squeal, Hammy Potter) then they would get a little rubber duck for participating. Well during the last round of races, they decided to call upon 4 adults. Well low and behold, my red beret was so bold and bright the lady called me down to the front and assigned me to Hogzilla. We then proceeded to give our best SOOOWEEE and do the hokey pokey in front of the entire crowd. Needless to say, the beret is definitely an eye catcher.

Oh and here are my little pumpkins I picked! I went with the white and Australian blue this year. A little stray from the traditional oranges, but they match my dining nook so well!!





No comments:

Post a Comment